Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Importance of Content

In the field of Technical Writing, content must be given highest priority. The toughest part is to have a good, readable, content. The easiest part is to paste that content into various publishing tools like Adobe Frame Maker, Robohelp etc.

When I thought of entering the Technical Writing field, I thought I am supposed to become an expert in understanding the software tools that are extensively used in the industry. So, I thought that I would become a good technical writer if I know how to use Help Authoring Tools, Image Editing Tools etc. Later, when I joined a technical writing institute, I was proved wrong.

So what is most important for a technical writer? Ability to create content that can be easily understood by your audience. What does audience need? Content that is presented in simple words, in a structured way, within the scope and most importantly answers his queries.

So there should be a continuous effort to come up with good content rather than  presenting content that is lacking in clarity even though incorporated into a good authoring tool.

Gayatri Kadiyala

No comments:

Post a Comment